Anne represents business owners in labor and employment counseling and litigation matters. She also represents individuals in areas of employment contract drafting and review, advice and counsel related to enforcement of employment contracts, and non-competition and non-solicitation agreements. Anne was named an Oregon Super Lawyer in 2006. Following her tenure as a staff attorney with a regional employer relations association in the wood products industry and as the personnel director for a food processing company with operations in Oregon and Michigan, Anne began practicing law in 1991 with the Portland labor and employment firm Bullard Law representing employers. Anne then continued her management side labor and employment practice in the Portland office of Davis Wright Tremaine beginning in 1997 both as an associate and Of Counsel. Anne was co-chair of the Davis Wright Tremaine Diversity Committee, and a member of the firm's hiring committee. Most recently, she served as Of Counsel to the Portland law firm McEwen Gisvold.
- Willamette University College of Law, Juris Doctor (1985)
- Willamette University, Bachelor of Science (1981)
Anne is admitted to practice in the State of Oregon and the U.S. Federal District Court.
Publications & Presentations
Anne is a frequent author and presenter on a variety of employment related issues. Recent articles include:
- Author, “Social Media and the National Labor Relations Act: Non-Union Employers Beware”, (Oregon Association of Defense Counsel) The Verdict, Fall 2013
- Co-author, “Litigating Final Wage Claims: The Good, Bad and the Unexpected”, (Oregon Association of Defense Counsel) The Verdict, Spring 2011
- Co-author, “Protecting Direct Relationships with Employees”, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP 2009
- Co-author, “Blogging and Text/Instant Messaging in the Workplace,” Human Resources 2007, Winter Edition
- Author, “New Statute Clarifies Who’s an Independent Contractor”, Portland Business Journal, August 12, 2005
- Co-author, “Six Steps for Improving Diversity Programs,” Portland Business Journal May 6, 2005
- Selected to "Super Lawyers," Oregon Law & Politics, 2006
- Member (effective January 1, 2016), Board of Trustees, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon & Southwest Washington
- Advisory Board Member, Portland State University Business Outreach Program
- Member, Women Presidents Organization, Portland, Oregon Chapter
- Past President, Board of Directors, YWCA of Greater Portland
Anne enjoys traveling and outdoor activities.